I left Chicago with Adam Lucio, Danny Neal and Alec Scholten around Friday evening, with a target area for Saturday (26th) being in the KS/OK area. We made it down to Wichita, KS early in the morning where we stopped to have breakfast and look over data. Today's threat looked good, but only if storms would develop. Initiation hinged on moisture return and timing for forcing. Our exact target for the day also hinged on where we would chase the following day as well. In the end we decided to head west towards Kingman, KS.
We sat in Kingman for several hours, passing time by throwing around a football and frisbee. During the early afternoon fellow chasers Jonathan Williamson and Bill Manos met up with us. As the hours passed it became clear storm development would not occur, thus we decided to grab dinner then head to Wichita for the night.
Storm development did end up occurring near sunset in Texas, but didn't end up being too noteworthy.